Search This Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2011

One Week to Go

My last post was something of a downer, so I thought I should be more upbeat this time around. I'm excited to think about writing The White Thread this summer, and I only have one more week until I begin that process. I am also somewhat nervous, though. I have something of a "block" regarding certain aspects of this installment, and I'm also concerned about making ring composition fit for this story. Realistically, though, I'll probably do what I always do: take a deep breath, and start writing. Usually once I get going, the words just flow. I'm going to set myself this summer at 7 pages a day, but it's more likely that I'll write between 10 and 12... we'll see. The sooner I get the draft done, the sooner I can start the revisions and editing process, and the sooner I can get a final product out. We are not traveling anywhere this summer (thanks to the stupendous gas prices), so I won't have any major interruptions. All things considered, I think it's going to be a good summer to be an independent author!

No comments:

Post a Comment