Search This Blog

Monday, October 10, 2011

Progress Update

The GOOD news is that I have finished my final revisions and submitted everything to createspace for review. I have also set up my Kindle edition and that is in the process of publishing. The bad news is that for some reason createspace has gotten back to me stating that the interior file I submitted is too large and they have, basically, made it fit. So I CAN order my proof, but I need to check it really carefully to make sure that everything looks okay. This is very puzzling for me because I submitted the exact same interior file size and in the exact same manner as I always have, so I don't know why I would get that message from them now. (For example, I didn't get this message on the first file review for this book, and I literally took the same file I submitted and made revisions to it and submitted it again.) So, anyhow, my excitement at being finished is somewhat dampened by this. I've ordered the proof, but it will take a few days to get here. If, for some reason, it doesn't look as though it fits, I will have to figure out what changed between last time and this time, and that could take some time. If everything looks good, I will okay it for publication. It's a bit frustrating.

Regardless of what happens there, the Kindle edition should be ready within the day, so that's something to look forward to. Here's hoping that everything is okay with the proof copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment