Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A Rested Brain

As I sit before my loyal Scribbus MacDoodle (my laptop, of course), I can't help but breathe a sigh of relief. I haven't blogged much this year - or, at all - but I have finished another manuscript and submitted it to my editing team, and I'm in that sweet spot of waiting for one of my two manuscripts to come back to me. The copy edit is currently underway for The Bone Whistle, and the manuscript evaluation is underway for Breeder. I don't know how long it will be on either of these, but it is a strange feeling to have no writing or editing hanging over my head. I haven't had a break like this since . . . I can't remember when, actually, but it's offering me a good opportunity to get caught up on some things I've been neglecting all these long months. Such as blogging. So this is just a basic update on a rested brain about a few of the things I have coming up.



Tomorrow night I go to speak at a gathering of educators in a suburb about a half hour north of me. I'm looking forward to sharing my publishing journey with them and getting to know them and their visions for their students. Hopefully I can build some good relationships there that will endure and lead to some speaking engagements with some of their schools in the coming months.

At the end of the month, I travel to Georgia to visit a school during their spring literature day. I'll get to be in a few classrooms and interact with the students one on one - something I really enjoy doing. I started writing my first novel when I was eleven, so I really have a passion to encouraging that creative spirit from an early age.

In July, I'll be speaking as part of a writing workshop at my local library in Alabaster, AL. I haven't had the opportunity to do a lot of activities like this in my immediate community, so I'm really looking forward to it!

I just finished off a great month of partnership with the charitable organization called One Tough Kid (http://www.onetoughkid.org). Sales were high during the month of March, which is excellent, as I'm donating $1 of every book I sold last month to One Tough Kid. I will be continuing my relationship with them and looking forward to further opportunities to partner and help support their organization. A big THANK YOU to all those who purchased my books last month and helped support OTK.

From May to September, I will be working on writing the remaining two installments to my Breeder Cycle trilogy: Criminal and Clone. I would really like to have these two finished and ready for submission should my publishing house decide to move forward with publishing the entire trilogy.

In October, the final installment of The Gateway Chronicles, The Bones Whistle will be published, and I will also be giving birth to another baby - our fourth! So, big month there!

And last but not least, in December Breeder should be published, assuming my editors like what they are currently reading and give the green light to move ahead with that project. I'm confident with the story, though, in fact, I really love it! And early beta reader feedback has been very positive, so that's always a good sign.

Don't forget, you can always follow me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/pages/K-B-Hoyle/155377154576880) and/or Twitter (https://twitter.com/kbhoyle_author) for up-to-the-minute news and information! Or . . . at least up to the day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment